FATHER DAY JUNE 17
Please remember your Father on Fathers Day if you feel you do not have a Father you are wrong because God is your Father if yours is absent. HE is always there and will never leave you or forsake you.
Get to know HIM HE loves you with and everlasting love.
Happy Fathers Day to all you Dads that have been there for your children.
And for the Mothers that have been Dad and Mom Happy Fathers Day to you.
June, named after Juno, the goddess of marriage, is the sixth month of the year, and is one of the four months with a length of 30 days. Just like the month of May, no other month begins on the same day as June. This is also the month with the longest daylight hours of the year.
June's birthstones are the Alexandrite, the Moonstone, and the Pearl. Alexandrite represents health and longevity. Moonstones represents change, new beginnings and the shifting tides of emotion and can help a wearer to alleviate stress, especially due to sudden changes in life. Moonstone is also believed to increase intuition and aid in lucid dreaming. Pearls symbolize purity of heart and faith, as well as growth and transformation through difficult circumstances.
Its birth flowers are the honeysuckle and the rose. Honeysuckle traditionally stands for bonds of devotion, love, fidelity and generosity. Few flowers have as many meanings attributed to them as the rose. Depending on the type of rose, roses can indicate romantic love, secrecy, desire, gratitude, mourning, impossible hopes, modesty, joy, love at first sight, innocence, sacrifice and much more. In the traditional language of flowers, roses are among the most important flowers.
Gemini and Cancer are the astrological signs for June. Birthdays from June 1 through the 20 fall under the sign of Gemini while June 21 through the 30 birthdays fall under the sign of Cancer.
A Bug Named June?
The June Bug, also known as June beetle, is the name for several large beetles seen in the United States during May and June. They are usually seen at night when the light attracts them.
June bugs eat the young leaves of trees and plants. They deposit their eggs in the ground and the young larvae bury themselves in the soil in the autumn and stay there two years. They then come out in May or June as adult beetles.
- International Men's Month
- National Seafood Month
- National Candy Month
- National Dairy Month
- National Iced Tea Month
- 5 World Environment Day
- 6 D Day, WWII
- 14 Flag Day
- 15 Father's Day - third Sunday
- 19 Juneteenth Day
- 21 Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year.
Here are a few interesting things and the month of June along with some events that fall during this month:
- De Soto claimed Florida for Spain, June 3, 1539.
- U.S. Senator Robert F. Kennedy was shot by an assassin on June 5, 1968 and he died the following day.
- The YMCA was organized in London on June 6, 1844.
- The Continental Congress adopted the Flag of the United States on June 14, 1777.
- Charles Goodyear was granted a patent for rubber vulcanization, June 15, 1844.
- The Ford Motor Company was founded on June 16, 1903.
- Congress adopted the design for the Great Seal of the United States on June 20, 1782.
- Eli Whitney applied for a patent on the cotton gin, June 20, 1793.
- President Andrew Johnson announced the purchase of Alaska from Russia, June 20, 1867.
- Daniel Carter Beard, founder of Boy Scouts of America, was born on June 21, 1850.
- Cyrus McCormick was granted a patent for the reaper on June 21, 1834.
- The United Nations Charter was signed by delegates from 50 nations at San Francisco on June 26, 1945.
PRAY FOR OUR NATION
PRAY FOR OUR NATION & LEADERS
1 John 5:14 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.
For our Armed Forces
- For Our President
II Chronicles 1:10 -- supernatural wisdom
Prov. 4:11 divine guidance
I Corinthians l6:13 for supernatural spiritual strength
Exodus. 15:2 supernatural physical strength
I John 2:10 leadership that does not stumble
- For Sec. of State and Defense Secretary
Psalm 119:66, 169; Proverbs 2:1-15, 22; II Samuel 22:33-35
- For the CIA and FBI
Psalm 35:1-10, 22-28
Psalm 91 Reassurance: Psalm 27 through 31; Psalm 37
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through CHRIST who strengthens me